5 Watt, 12-Volt Solar Battery Trickle Charger
Trickle charge your vehicle’s 12V battery with the Sunforce 5W Solar Trickle Charger.
- Ideal for trickle charging the batteries of boats, SUVs, RVs, electric fences, deer feeders and more!
- Made with a durable aluminum frame and shatterproof tempered glass
- Amorphous solar technology allows the panel to operate in all daylight conditions, even on cloudy days
- Fully weatherproof design
- Two easy connection options:
- (1) Connects to vehicle's 12V socket with included 12V DC plug
- (2) Connects directly to battery with included battery clamps
- Solar panel with 3ft. (0.9m) of wire
- 12V DC plug
- Battery clamps
- Mounting hardware
All rechargeable 12V batteries.
For safety reasons, the solar panel should be stored while the vehicle is in motion as any distraction to the driver can be dangerous.
No, anything below 15W will not overcharge a 12V battery.
No, a solar battery charge controller is only needed for panels of 15W or greater.
A trickle charger is designed to slowly increase a battery's voltage, offsetting any natural decrease. The actual time to charge a battery is governed more by the size and condition of the battery than the trickle charger.
To measure the voltage of the panel, use a voltmeter. The open-circuit voltage reading should be between 16 and 25 volts in full sun (not connected to the battery).
Yes, panel extensions and panel accessories can be purchased through our order parts page.
Yes, the solar trickle charger comes with mounting hardware. Quick twist brackets allow for secure permanent mounting.
Yes, this panel comes with a 5-year limited warranty.